Consider getting help with planning – a renovation designer will keep your priorities top of mind, while setting a thoughtful plan in place. The Look, Resale value, Green aspects and Quality need to be considered at every step.
Budget limitations and your personal choices will factor large in a design for your Kitchen.
What resources are to be considered?
A well designed kitchen does not need to be huge, and what goes into it can be sourced locally.
- Energy: Insulation, alternate sources, heat recovery.
- Water: low flow fixtures, grey water recovery.
- Recycling: Will your kitchen require composting, separate recycling containers?
How people friendly is the design?
- High indoor air quality and the use of materials with low, long term off-gassing will make the space safer for kids, pets, and you.
- Ergonomics such as space efficiency, appliance heights and distances should be considered. How about sound, communication, and other media?
- Layout: think about daily use, occasional use and entertaining. Does pure functionality drive the design, or is it entertainment too?
Cost and Quality:
- Just as important, what are the cost limits for your project? Well-informed decisions require quality information.
- Look at new trends as well as enduring design, and remember that skilled people have high value.