The renovation services offered by TQ Construction most often begin by providing homeowners with a free initial consultation, typically between 1-2 hours. The purpose of the consultation is to discuss your needs and project scope, learn about our design and construction services, as well as answer any questions you may have.
We listen carefully to your needs, problems and goals for your home. We discuss how your lifestyle impacts the design features best suited to your home. We co-create a vision to ensure that, together, we accomplish your objectives on time and on budget.
We can assist you with planning, budgeting, design and construction of…
- Complete Design-Build Services
- Space Planning & Layouts
- Interior Design
- Whole Home Renovation
- Custom Home Building
- Kitchen & Bath Renovation
- Basement Finishing
- Outdoor Living
- Deck & Landscaping
- Exterior Renovation
- Street Appeal
- Roofing & Siding
- Pre-Purchase Inspection
- Solutions for Aging in Place
- Furnace & Heating
- Electrical Systems
- Flooring Upgrades
- Windows & Doors
- Interior/Exterior Painting
- Repairs (to anything!)
We want to be your go-to for all of your home needs…
…so when you have a new project, we want to be the first to know about it!
3 Steps to TQ Renovation Services – Envision | Design | Build
We want to familiarize you with the experience – so that you know what to expect, and what will come next at each stage of your project.
- We listen carefully to your needs, problems and goals for your home.
- We discuss and agree on a plan that will accomplish your objectives on time and on budget.
- We ensure that you know at each step of the way what is coming up next and exactly how we are working towards your goals.
- We make sure that you have a complete understanding of the work in progress.
Envision <feasibility and analysis>
Your wishes, wants and needs will be given life and vision. At this stage, we will confirm with you, the actual scope, duration and cost of the project.
- We have preliminary meetings with you to assess together the feasibility of your project.
- We discuss how your lifestyle impacts the design features best suited to your home.
- We inspect your home and define the required scope of work.
- We discuss the obligations of the Design Services Agreement and answer high priority questions about your project and about our process.
- We prepare a pre-construction budget – if you approve it, we draft preliminary drawings and cost estimates.
- We meet again to ensure that we have captured your vision for your home.
- We refine project details until your renovation design mirrors your dreams and fits your budget.
The look and feel of the proposed project become familiar to you. We enable you to imagine day to day life in your redesigned home. The vision and design are translated into the language of construction to gain the efficiency of time and cost that you require.
- Refine your plans and produce a detailed specifications sheet
- Review drawings – continue revisions
- Review Budget – make revisions
- File for any required variances from planning, zoning, or historic commission
- Consider dividing the project into phases
- Refine specifications and scope of work
- Refine plans and produce detailed finishes and fixtures sheet
- Review Budget – make any revisions and finalize
- Sign a Renovation (Build) Agreement
- Finalize Schedule – Start and Finish Date of Construction
TQ’s design and planning team has now integrated their efforts for the benefit of our construction teams, and you will have one team of great guys for the duration of the project. Top Quality is assured, and our performance is of the highest level.
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Select your construction team; show the working drawings
- Finalize Construction Drawings and Specifications
- Crew is familiarized with your home
- Production Schedule determined prior to site presence
- Mobilize Construction Crew at TQ’s Hand-Off Meeting
- Supplies and teams are on site and ready to launch construction
- Demolition & Preparation
- Construction & Finishing
- Check-ins on how initial expectations and instructions are met
- Team begins to demobilize
From Concept to Completion TQ will transform your unique vision into a beautiful, functional reality. We oversee the entire project through to completion. And because we are well aware that renovation is a personalized and evolving process, we encourage you to continue sharing your suggestions and ideas as work gets underway.
The ‘planning work’ upfront ensures the smoothest experience possible thru construction. Planning should take a ‘healthy’ amount of time in ratio to the scope of the project to reduce reactivity that in turn draws out the process – time and costs.
If you are ready to start planning… Download the renovation checklist now!